Wake trilogy by Lisa Mcmann

Publisher : Simon Pulse
Published : March 4 2008
Page count : 225
Series : Wake Trilogy

Blurb

Not all dreams are sweet.

For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody- notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.

She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....
 
 
 
 

Review

Wake by Lisa Mcmann was an entertaining read with a new idea to draw in young adults. I love the idea of being able to manipulate dreams and I'm interested to see where the trilogy will lead. It was a new idea and wasn't the typical cliché story, so I have continued reading into the next book.  Wake was and incredibly quick read, I finished in five hours, and I had many interruptions, so its not very long all together if your avoiding a book commitment. I was entertained while reading the book but I found it to lack a strong plot.  The books written in a journal format which creates gaps in the plot or prevents the story from flowing for me. I understand some people enjoy that style of writing and if you do this book may be for you. The only other time I found it difficult to read was when Janie, the main character, was in a dream. At the beginning this was my main confusion. I never did fully understand what Janie was thinking or where the plot was going until I started reading Fade, the second book in the trilogy.
 
I would recommend this to young adults around the age of 14 and 15 that is looking for something a bit more relatable and yet still unique in its own way.
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. - Does anyone else think that cover looks like Adele?
 
 
 
 

Fade

Fade is the second book in the Wake trilogy and while I believe its better then Wake I'm not interested in the story so I only made it half way through the book. Perhaps one day i'll continue reading it, but its turned into a crime solving book which i've never found enjoyment in reading. If you enjoy crime solving books with a twist then perhaps this book is for you, so check it out.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment