Masquerade

Masquerade


 

Publisher : Disney-Hyperion
Published : July 1, 2008 Reprint edition
Page count : 336
Series : Blue Blood book 2
First line : The pigeons had taken over St. Mark's square.










Blurb:
  Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help-her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman-a true Blue Blood affair.



My review:
 I have almost all the same problems I did with the first book and all the same likes, so this will be short. In this book you start to see a real connection between characters which I was glad to see. Relationships start to form between many people. This book isn't for everyone but if you like chick Lits then this for you. I'm sorry to say that I don't really have much else to say about the book. Its not bad, but its not good either, and its not a book that someone could read and beable to get into reading like some books. In order to read this book, or this series really, you need patients and need to be able to push through the rough spots. You start to learn more about their vampire abilities, and the action picks up some with the silver bloods. But only a little.
One thing I found disappointing was the fact that you sort of lost the masquerade theme which is what the book is named. I was expecting the book to be centered around the ball, but the actaull ball scene was very short.
I would give this book 3 stars.

There will not be teasers for this book unless otherwise asked, so if you want them then ask and you shall receive.