Scored by Lauren Mclaughlin

Image result for scored by lauren mclaughlinPublisher : Ember
Published : Reprint edition (October 23, 2012)
Page Count : 240









Blurb

Set in the future when teenagers are monitored via camera and their recorded actions and confessions plugged into a computer program that determines their ability to succeed. All kids given a "score" that determines their future potential. This score can get kids into colleges, grant scholarships, or destroy all hope for the above. Scored's reluctant heroine is Imani, a girl whose high score is brought down when her best friend's score plummets. Where do you draw the line between doing what feels morally right and what can mean your future? Friendship, romance, loyalty, family, human connection and human value: all are questioned in this fresh and compelling dystopian novel set in the scarily forseeable future.
 

Review


 Scored by Lauren McLaughlin starts out slow and ends slow, at least for me. After I got into it though I didn't put the book down.  It put an interesting thought on life and opened my mind to the world which is incredible for such a small book.
 I don't recommend this book to people wishing for action packed romance but if your looking for a little romance a little law braking and one big lie then you'll like this book. I didn't mind the slightly slow pace of the book, but I did mind the ending. I felt it was incomplete though it wrapped up loos ends. I suppose all books must end, but this one has so much more left unsaid that I found it very unsettling. I hope to see a new book in this series but I doubt it will come. I will most certainly keep an eye out for other books by this author.
In all I give this book three stars. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment